[CQ-Contest] Maximum Time Limit for S/O

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Maximum Time Limit for S/O
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:24:19 +0100
Once again: is there any problem with publishing the individual
operation times in the score lists (without changing anything in maximum
duration or categories)? IMHO it takes nothing away from anyone but adds
a crucial information for that majority below the "happy few" fulltimers
(to repeat: about 7 percent of logsending allband-participants in a 24
-hour-contest with guaranteed high-rate like RDXC).
There are so many still reluctant parttimers when I read requests to
submit logs - still not submitted by hams who made 200-500 QSOs during a
big contest. Doesn´t that look like a potential still unexploited? Do we
exploit this potential better by singing more hero-stories or by looking
for the motives of them/us (everyday life as one important one not to be
laughed at in a hobby-activity)? Or is it enough that they deliver their
qsos?
Best 73, Chris

(wondering how IOTA-contest and others did really survive when shorter
durations are called here the "end of contesting"...)

(www.dl8mbs.de)