Re: [CQ-Contest] Annual Suggestion

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annual Suggestion
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:27:53 -0800
Randy, K5ZD, deserves an award for putting on his Creative Thinking hat vs.
simply pee'ing and moaning about my "Annual Suggestion" post.

> If you are a competitive person (and most contesters are),
> you want to compete.  But, if your life on a given weekend is crowded with
> other priorities, you are designated into the playing around group.

This is more of a reality than most have been willing to admit (or able to
grasp).

> Why not create some sub classes that provide more fun for more people.
> These classes should not change any of the existing classes.

Brilliant thinking, Randy!

One question:

>Disadvantages
>- Extra log checker burden

I didn't know Robots carried burdens.  What happened to Automated Log Checking
Bots in this New Millenium???

If bandwidth is needed for posting additional scores, I'll volunteer it.

73...

Rick, K6VVA