[CQ-Contest] Remote sites- clarified

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote sites- clarified
From: peter hutter <pdhutter@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:53:55 -0700 (PDT)
N6TR wrote:

  3.7. All transmitters and receivers must be located within a 500-meter
diameter circle, excluding antennas.

Most people would think it unfair if I was using a receiver in a far away
place in order to hear stations better than I can at my transmit location.

  I certainly think this is completely unfair, but this method has fundamental
technical problems preventing its full potential.

  1) The dynamic range of the RX system is limited by the medium used and other
factors.

  2) Propagation delay would be annoying, especially trying to run stations
quick.

  There is a much better way to achieve this goal within the 500m circle and it
has been done since early last century, especially during WW2. Also, this has
been achieved successfully at WW2Y during the 1990s. It was done by intelligent
engineering.

  Peter