Re: [CQ-Contest] What's the station?

To: "'Kevin Normoyle'" <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What's the station?
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:55:48 -0000

Well, Kevin,

There... you've said it haven't you? If you consider the computer, the
microphone, the key, the cable that you are using to interface to your
remote station as part of the station equipment (transmitter, receiver,
antennae), then it most certainly falls outside the 500m circle and is
therefore not permitted by the current rules. So why is it permitted?

This is at the crux of my position. Why is the operator NOT considered to be
a part of the "station"? One is useless without the other.

Interesting.

73 -- Paul VO1HE