Re: [CQ-Contest] wpx rules conflict

To: "Paul Cassel" <paul@ve3sy.com>, <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] wpx rules conflict
From: "Rob Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:34:07 -0600
Serial numbers by band are ok in any of the multi classes.
I say this because I asked.
In multi-two, which is what we were going to do here until we ended up with
an operator shortage, it was confirmed that numbers by band were fine.
However, each log had to indicate which transmitter made which qso.
In multi-single, consecutive serial numbers are fine as are numbers by band.
All the log checkers really want is a log that indicates the actual qso
number that was sent/received.
Some software will not allow a set of serial numbers for the run station and
a different set of numbers for the mult station when they are networked.
Thus there became the option to keep numbers by band or consecutive numbers.
Multi-multi can really not be done any other way.

I think all of this will be clearly written in the near future so that
everyone understands what their options are and how they can make it work
for their particular logging software and networking.
I believe that Steve, K6AW will confirm that what I am saying is true.

73,
Bob NX5M