Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 NCCC Sprint - All 3830 Claimed Scores24Mar2007

To: mwdink@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 NCCC Sprint - All 3830 Claimed Scores24Mar2007
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:52:34 +0000
At 08:36 AM 3/24/2007 -0700, mwdink@eskimo.com wrote:
<whole bunch of high-scoring folks>
>K0XP                 0     0  0.05          5
>KA3DRR               1     1                2

Heh-heh... I win; I found a cupla bugs in the scoring database  8-)

First of all: tongue in cheek, I tried entering my number of QSOs as 0.5,
hoping the SW would count it as zero by ignoring anything after a decimal
point; instead, 0.5 was correctly recognized as an invalid value. Then I
set both Qs and mults to zero and instead, set the total score to 0.5. And
the SW misinterpreted that, printing it as 5 whole points.

8-)

Then notice what happened above with KA3DRR: I dunno what he/she entered
for his total score but looks like it was 2, even though it's obvious it
shudda been 1.

I suppose the SW isn't calculating the total score because at some point,
in one of these Sprints, there's a power or other multiplier that the
operator has to take into account? So instead, the SW is accepting whatever
the operator enters as the total score. Meaning, someone needs to be
checking those totals each week to be sure they're correct.

Steve, K0XP