[CQ-Contest] VC44X in WPX

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VC44X in WPX
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:30:02 -0400
A friend of mine (who isn't on this list) worked a station during the WPX
that he's pretty sure was giving his callsign as VC44X. He commented to me
that he listened for quite a long time and is quite sure that the station
was indeed signing as VC44X. (There were also several spots for that same
call, but if my friend says he heard VC44X, I believe that he did, in fact,
hear VC44X. I don't know about the cluster accuracy.)

While I know that Canadian ops can use a VC prefix, I didn't think they
could have more than a single digit in their callsign. I can't find any info
about this call on qrz.com or any number of other sources.

Does anyone know anything about this particular station, and whether that's
even a legitimate callsign?

Thanks.

     73,
          David, K2DBK