[CQ-Contest] Where have all the JAs gone?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Where have all the JAs gone?
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:04:15 -0700 (PDT)
I had a discussion with a member of JARL about a year ago on this subject.
  He said that the internet and cell phones are the two main causes of existing
licensees not renewing their licenses and few people getting new licensees.
  He quoted some figures off the top of his head estimating that nealy 80% of
the hams from the previous 10 years of licensing had become inactive.
  I have noticed that the high QSO totals now come from Europe as opposed to JA.
  Specifically, Germany and Italy account for an increasingly large proportion
of the total QSOs in my HF logs during contests.

  We might consider rewriting the old Pete Seeger song:

  Where have all the JAs gone?
  Big rates passing
  Where have all the JAs gone?
  Things are really slow
  Where have all the JAs gone?
  Internet took them every one
  When will they ever learn?
  How much fun they're missing
  etc

73 From Number 7 Desert Fox

Remember E equals I x R is not just a good idea.  It is THE LAW