Re: [CQ-Contest] W3NQN Bandpass Filters (Was: Re: 419bandpassfilters..

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W3NQN Bandpass Filters (Was: Re: 419bandpassfilters..
From: "Marijan Miletic', S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:17:39 +0200
Zack, I learnt filters theory in 1960's and I know that 7 pole ones (Dunestar)
are better than tapped 6 poles (W3NQN).

On BCC pages I referenced you might find DL2NBU RX BPF with proper use of
serial tuned circuit at 9 Ohms.
I used two capacitively coupled serial tuned circuits at 50 Ohms in my 1970's
solid state HF transceiver.
However, on 10 and 15 meters they were not good enough due to very high L/C
ratio.

I use free AADE often for quick playing with filters.  Ansoft Designer for more
serious work.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU