[CQ-Contest] JA Activity

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] JA Activity
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:52:29 -0700
I  promised here that I would report back after my dinner with Saty JE1JKL
this evening and I posed to him the "why no JA activity" question.   And he
said the same as Tack, no young JA's coming into the hobby.

But, there is some little bit of good news: many older JA guys who have been
inactive due to their careers are retiring and thusly returning to ham
radio.  So, Saty believes there will be a small, but meaningful bump in JA
activity in future contests.

The same thing is undoubtedly happening in the USA, and elsewhere.  Now if
we can just keep us "blind old fogies" alive to dance through another
sunspot cycle.

End of report,

73, Your faithful servant,

Jim Neiger  N6TokyoJapan