[CQ-Contest] Georgia QSO Party Reminder - This Weekend

To: cq-contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>,ACG <acg@alabamacontestgroup.org>,"foc_members@yahoogroups.com" <foc_members@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Georgia QSO Party Reminder - This Weekend
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:51:28 -0400
Georgia QSO Party is this weekend, April 14 and 15.  All information can
be found at: http://gqp.contesting.com.

New Georgia agricultural product prizes are to be awarded for the
out-of-state stations who work the most GA counties during the contest.

Lots of certificates and plaques are to be awarded at three power
levels, HP, LP, and QRP, and for CW, SSB, and mixed modes.

W4AN, the SECC memorial club call, will be QRV multi-multi from the NQ4I
contest station.  QSL via K4BAI.  Visit www.nq4i.com for a live webcam
broadcast during the contest.  Also, still photos will be periodically
posted there.  Ace YL-op KI4MTU of Icom commercials will be among the
operators as well as her father, Jim, WA4ILO who is a judge and a CQ
Magazine article author.

We expect at least 10 mobiles to be QRV, many on both CW and SSB,
rapidly moving between counties and keeping up the excitement of the
contest.  There will also be some portables in rare counties and many
home stations.

Georgia has 159 counties, more than any state other than Texas (254).
We believe we have commitments to try to activate all 159 counties in
the GQP this year for the first time ever in a single weekend, so a
"sweep" is possible.

Hope to hear you all this weekend!  73, John, K4BAI, for sponsors, SECC
and SEDXC.