[CQ-Contest] GQP Mobile Signal Comparisions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] GQP Mobile Signal Comparisions
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:34:07 -0500
    I am looking for reports on how our signal was from K4BAI/m compared to the
  other mobiles in the GQP this weekend. I know N4PN was probably the loudest
of the bunch
  because he was running an amp. I believe the rest of us were running 100
watts.

  We tried a new antenna configuration for 20 meters. The antenna was a Hustler
15 meter
  resonator on the MO-2 mast with a DX Engineering Hot-Rodz capacitance hat on
it.  It  seems like it
  worked as advertised. The bandwith was much wider than a plain old Hustler
RM-20 which
  indicates an improved efficency. On 40 meters we used the MO-2 with the
standard RM-40.  I am
  going to  get another Hot-Rodz for a 40 meter antenna before the FQP.

  Have any of you mobile contesters out there tried the Hot-Rodz before. What
to you think about it ?

  Jeff KU8E   - K4BAI/m in GQP  and W4AN/m in FQP