Re: [CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks

To: "'Kenneth E. Harker'" <kenharker@kenharker.com>,"'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:26:11 -0400
Your map link makes it easy ... 15 grids will cover your
membership with a grid or two to spare.  Of course no circle
with a 275 km radius can possibly cover the roughly 700 km
from W5VX to W5FTV.

The whole point is that the flexibility of an arbitrary shape
"club area" is long over due.  14 or 15 grids with a maximum
distance of 600 miles (1000 km) is a reasonable standard in
the current environment.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV