Re: [CQ-Contest] remember this? Russian Woodpecker

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] remember this? Russian Woodpecker
From: "JAMES HEADRICK" <W3CP@CHARTER.NET>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:30:42 -0000
Mal,  Even if you had not transmitted, in less than a minute the Woodpecker
would have been gone anyway.  It made us feel better to think we made
the Woodpecker QSY, I know. But the typical operation was frequent frequency
hops with dwells ranging from as short as 3 sec to longer, in a ham Band or
out.  My guess is that they were using MTI processing and CW QRM was no
bother.  73  Jim  w3cp