Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:25:24 +0100
I hold it to be self-evident that not all QSOs are
created equal, and that they are devalued to the
extent that there is a substitute for RF in the
path between the operators.

For example:
 1. Skype QSOs have zero value.
 2. EchoLink QSOs have almost zero value.
 3. Remote Control QSOs will sometimes, but not
    always, have more value than EchoLink QSOs.
 4. "Ordinary" QSOs have full value.

If a QSO depends upon wired circuits, outside
the 500 meters permitted for contest entries,
then it is a wired QSO rather than an RF QSO.

If you argue that an RF QSO is taking place
between the equipment concerned, then, to be
consistent, any corresponding QSLs or awards
should be addressed to the equipment rather
than the operator.

I suggest that anyone who believes otherwise
is deluded.  Of course, I could be wrong.

73,
Paul EI5DI