Re: [CQ-Contest] tech challenge - SAY WHAT?

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] tech challenge - SAY WHAT?
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:40:21 -0400
On May 29, 2007, at 4:57 PM, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

> the mental thing is great.  Being in a close race with another
> station is
> the most exciting part of it.  seeing that the competition is
> beating you
> out on one band can help motivate ops to dig deeper, ....

I'd like to add that this works at all levels of competition, too.
It's not just reserved for guys in the top 10 in their category. Not
everyone enters a contest to win. Some people compete on a very low
scale -- maybe it is just to beat Bob in the next borough, or the
other guy in the state who's doing the low-power, a couple of bands
with lousy antennas category like you are.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901