Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: K3 initial comments

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: K3 initial comments
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:17:13 +0000
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:29:08 -0400, Bill Tippett
<btippett@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

 >I suggested Elecraft consider assignment of RIT to
 >the Main knob when LCK is depressed.  This allows you to
 >use the Main knob for RX, with TX frequency locked, as
 >you would when running stations on a single frequency.

W6WRT REPLY:

 >You can do essentially the same thing by just working split, beginning
with TX and RX on the same frequency. I do it all the time. Sometimes
I lock the TX, sometimes not.

         Yes, I said that.  But *if you have a Sub RX*,
you cannot then use it to tune around.  If you can
assign the Main RX RIT to the Main VFO knob, then
you *can* simultaneously use the Sub VFO RX to tune
around while using the large Main knob for your
Main RX (with TX locked to your run frequency).

         Elecraft understands the issue and said they
would "add it to their list" of features to consider.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV