Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW zero pointers etc

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW zero pointers etc
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:12:29 -0600
All the discussion about all the hard, tenuous, extremly unwanted extraneous
and otherwise unappreciated contacts, during contests... make a fellow figure
that contests are not for making contacts. Therefore, why should we expect to
increase the numbers of stations being active?
Any new stations are likely to make the same old mistakes.. done by others
before and others to come.. therefore the simple answer is to just not make any
Qs. Then there won't be any unwanted ones... right?
  Why with that manner of thinking.. I could foresee that in a couple years...
with heartily pursued geremandering, and all the rest... contest calenders
could contain all of.... well looky there... no more waste looking at the super
wonderful but totally empty calendar. Now all that needs to be done is ... find
a way to pursue grass watching as a competitive event. --... ...-- Dale - WC7S
in Wy

If we would put even half as much effort into growing the sport, as we do the
above... we wouldn't have time to be such......