[CQ-Contest] EJ0GI (IOTA EU-006): CW op sought

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] EJ0GI (IOTA EU-006): CW op sought
From: Gerard Lynch <gerrylynch@freenetname.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:31:42 +0100
This is very, very last minute, but because of late withdrawals we at
EJ0GI have only one real died-in-the-wool CW operator for the IOTA
contest (me), and although it's very last minute, if anyone can run
CW in a contest and is interested in coming to Ireland to do the IOTA
contest, we'd love to have them.  IOTA takes place on the last
weekend of this month.

Last year we were 8th in the World DXpedition from EU-006 -
http://iotacontest.com/contest/iota/2006/finalScore.php?c1=id&c2=m&c3=c&c4=1&c5=h

- and the pileups on CW are enormous.  But we were also world 1st in
amount of beer drunk and amount laughed!

We operate from a small island off the west coast of Ireland, but if
anyone can get a cheap flight to Belfast, Dublin or Shannon, we can
get you the rest of the way OK.

For purely touristic reasons, the Aran Islands are well worth
visiting, Inisheer, the little island we operate from is a peach of a
place  - just don't worry too much about the sunbathing gear!  Most
of us stay in dorms in the island's Youth Hostel, but there a
reasonably priced hotel just across the street for those of a more
genteel disposition.

73

Gerry G0RTN/GI0RTN
http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold and sidebands not invented
The word would pass by pounding brass, and all were well contented."