[CQ-Contest] Cheating Revisited

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cheating Revisited
From: "Martin Monsalvo, LU5DX" <lu5dx@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:10:31 -0700 (PDT)
>Guys are doing this all over the globe and it's well documented on the
>internet.  Next question?

>Mark, N5OT

  That is correct Mark. Now the discussion has changed a little bit, so
everybody is talking about how well  a SO2R can perform, previously it was the
10 minute rule. But still none of the guys replying to my original message was
able to tell me how a Super Mega Tera Op running two radios can work only 33
mults less than the biggest HQ on this planet (that is, DA0HQ). The HQ had at
least 12 stations, plus an additional operating mode (SSB), so I guess part of
those 33 mults were unique on SSB, so the difference is even less!!!!!!!!!!!

  I, like the many, including people of unquestioned reputation and a never
ending list of contest achievements (e.g. N6TJ) do not understand why to keep
things the way they are. I mean, don´t you realize that people is CHEATING and
winning over others who DO NOT CHEAT using packet. Not even N5TJ could have
ended with such a mult count in this IARU contest. I mean when he achieved both
SSB and CW records in CQ WW the mult count was better than some MS but not so
close to the mult total of the big Multi Multis.!! (Not to mention that those
multi multis were using only one mode). In this case the HQ were using and
additional operating mode!!!

  Sometimes I feel contesting is becoming a WAY TOO OBVIOUS NONSENSE activity!
Like in this case.
  Regards.

Martin, LU5DX

  Martin, LU5DX