Re: [CQ-Contest] Ic 706 Mark 11 and Writelog for NAQP CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ic 706 Mark 11 and Writelog for NAQP CW
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:06:57 -0400
Denny's right, the Winkey is the way to go.  However, for those just
getting their feet wet in CW contesting, N1MM Logger does a pretty good job
of doing the "essentially impossible", as he describes it.  I used N1MM for
a year with parallel port keying, on an el-cheapo Dell Dimension 2400 with
512 MB of RAM and Windows XP.  After I got my first Winkey (largely to be
able to interface a paddle with the program) I found I could not tell by
listening whether I was using the Winkey or parallel port CW.  There were
absolutely NO hiccups, malformed characters or choppiness with the simple
parallel port interface.

73, Pete N4ZR