Re: [CQ-Contest] Ic 706 Mark 11 and Writelog for NAQP CW

To: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>,"Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>,"CQ-CONTEST" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ic 706 Mark 11 and Writelog for NAQP CW
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:25:41 -0000
I have a fairly modern day computer, 3.1ghz w/1024 ram running XP. I have
absolutely no cw keying problems. I still have the original serial adapter I
built in the late 80's and it works just fine but I don't use it anymore. I
use CT for contesting and it keys through the LPT1 port. For day-to-day
DX'ing I use CW Type for CW operation though LPT1.  I bought the LPT port
adapter years ago from some W1(I think).  Over the years I've had 2 Icom
rigs and now the MKV. I use the serial port for rig control. I do have beads
on every cable in/out of my computer(It makes me feel warm/fuzzie).

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.n7mal.com