Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP - Operating off the continent?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP - Operating off the continent?
From: "Tim Goeppinger" <timgep@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:54:14 +0000
Bob -

If you want to stay with the NAQP idea, there is always North Dakota! I did not hear
any last weekend, and I was so appreciative of W9ILY/0 putting it on the air for the RTTY weekend.
Some of the upper 1-land states are rare in NAQP, as was VE4.

IMHO, NAQP would be a waste to operate from a DX location.

Instead, how about the IARU HF contest? That is only 24 hours, and I bet you would
have a ton of Europeans wanting to work you. IOTA would be a good one also. Its
only 24 hours too. If you are into RTTY, there are many 24 hour contests.

Or how about a single band contest like 10 Meter contest? You could work the contest
all day, and enjoy the night life in town with your wife. Conversely, you could do a
160 Meter contest, and tour around town during the day.

I'm interested to see what the others have to say.

Tim K6GEP