Re: [CQ-Contest] A3S or TH-3JRS or ELSE?

To: "Alex Malyava" <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A3S or TH-3JRS or ELSE?
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:57:26 -0500
Another small tribander that you don't hear much about is the TH-2,
Sure it is only 2 elements, but it is also less weight to transport &
less antenna to rotate. And unlike the TH-3JR it is rated at legal
power. Of course it costs $10 more.

   Force-12 C-3SS is "mucho expensivo" - almost 2 times more than Cushcraft
>A3S
>   or Hy-Gain TH-3JRS. I also do not believe in miracles of mini antennas,
>like
>   Cushcraft MA-5B or Mosley Mini-33, small cannot be good, right? I was
>about
>   to stick with Mosley until I called then and got 30-40 working days
>waiting
>   time thing.
>   So, which one of those two is better (or worse)?
>   TH-3JRS is obviously cheaper, $360 vs $500, but A3S seems to be more
>   broadband and will take more power, 2kW vs 600W.

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.