Re: [RTTY] dupes

To: <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] dupes
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:13:56 -0700
> > > This goes back to the
> > > question, what counts for less, working a dupe or having
> a NIL?  I
> > > agree, if I work you again, its because you're not in my
> log, which
> > > means either you work a dupe, or get a NIL.
> >
> > Not necessarily true, Charlie.  The station could be in
> your log and
> > you still call again by mistake.  This could be because you don't
> > notice it is a dupe, or your software is not configured to
> tell you it
> > is a dupe, you are tired and make a mistake, or any number
> of reasons.
> > The reason does not matter.  Your conclusion, though, is still the
> > same ... the QSO should simply be completed at that point
> rather than
> > either one of you wasting time trying to stop it or sort it out.
> >

> Sorry Ed, what I meant was that when I call a station, you're
> not in my log.
> This has happened to me more then once.  I'll change from a
> run once the rate drops, but obviously somewhere in the run
> time, someone THOUGHT they worked me, but didn't.  I'll catch
> them on a Run, call them and they send ME a B4.  I'll send,
> you're not in my log, some will work, some wont.  Those that
> work me get the qso, those that don't wont.  I give all
> stations 1 shot at working me now, after that, you lose the
> qso.  A qso with a 20 different callsign XE in CQWW last year
> was great learning experience.  Needless to say, he got a NIL
> for our 20M qso.

Oh, yes, I understood your example.  I was just pointing out that it is ALSO
possible for you to call a station when they ARE in your log.  But, their
response should still be the same ... just work it and move on.  You and I
are in violent agreement about that.

However, you are more generous than I am with your example above.  If I call
a station that is not in my log and I get a 'QSO B4' response, I typically
will quickly move on to find another station to work.  I won't even give
them ONE chance to reconsider.  Again, it is a simple matter of time.

73,
Ed - W0YK