Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2007 Result W2/NP3D - I just did not

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2007 Result W2/NP3D - I just did not
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 09:48:50 -0400
OK, maybe I'm the one confused, especially after reading that long,
redundant rant...

But I thought that Cabrillo was a standardized LOGGING format, not a
standardized SCORING format.

The scoring software and related algorithms are written, fine tuned, and so
forth by the various contest sponsors and their contest committees... based
on a standard Cabrillo output, but that's as far as Cabrillo goes... right?
So I'm not sure what Paul means by "the Cabrillo system."

Whether or not he has a legitimate beef with the scoring process for a given
contest, I don't know.  But I don't understand his beef with the logging
process.

So has he confused the two, or do I need to drink some coffee this morning?
(Maybe a cup or three will clear this up, although I doubt it...)

73, ron w3wn
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit
materiari?