[CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-950SD

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-950SD
From: Laurent Ferracci <laurent@ferracci.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:37:18 +0200
Hi friends

Sorry for being slightly off-topic, but as the TS-950 was (a few years
ago) a high-end TRX, i suppose some are still found in contest shacks.

The one i've got here drives me crazy. It will suddenly STOP receiving,
intermittently and without cause. Sometimes it's just after you release
the PTT (and you don't hear anything back), sometimes it does it withou
keying it. It will do it with or without antenna. The S-meter will go
from zero to the maximum, and the RF gain changes nothing.

I've searched on the web and found some similar experiences related by
other (at least 3 other hams) but no explanation / solution given..

Any help would be appreciated !
--
Laurent Ferracci, F1JKJ
Blog radio http://www.ferracci.org