[CQ-Contest] Bureau Reply for Multi-Multi DX Station Contest Cards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Bureau Reply for Multi-Multi DX Station Contest Cards
From: W5KI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:56:00 EDT
The recent discussion on "direct printing" onto a QSL had some interesting
side comments. (don't all the discussions!)  In particular, Randy's mention  of
using GlobalQSL struck the "I gotta clear my bureau card backlog"  nerve.  (I
am now using it to quickly clear a stack dating from ???.)

QUESTION:  Most cards are clear:  PSE QSL.    But every few cards, the same
question hits:  Do those big DX Contest  club stations want my bureau card?  Or
are they helping us out,  but don't want one back?  The question arise
because most of the nice,  full-color contest station cards say either:  (1)
TNX
QSO & TNX  QSL (which I didn't send yet), or (2) they don't comment on the
subject at all.

BOTTOM LINE:  I am inclined to think that "TNX QSO & TNX  QSL" comments or a
lack of "PSE QSL" means "we don't need one  back".  Am I totally off-base by
not sending a card?  I am  glad to send one but don't want to contribute to
everyone's  massive QSL handling tasks and my expense for no reason.

FWIW:  I quickly upload contacts to LOTW and have  always answered direct
cards quickly.  I will now answer bureau cards  quickly.

73, Steve, W5KI