Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the sprint's

To: Randy Thompson <k5zd@charter.net>,'Tom Osborne' <w7why@verizon.net>,'CQ-Contest' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the sprint's
From: Dennis McAlpine <dbmcalpine@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:12:45 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Good point, Randy.  I heard (and called) a number of guys calling CQ with no
response other than a repeat CQ.  I even heard loud stations call them with no
response.  Obviously, they were on the other radio and just never shut off the
CQ machine.  This is a prime example of how not to operate SO2R.  BTW, I do not
operate SO2R because I only have one antenna, a Butternut vertical.

Come on guys, if u are gonna walk like a SO2R and talk like a SO2R, learn how
to operate SO2R.

73,

Dennis, K2SX