Re: [CQ-Contest] KT0R SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KT0R SK
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:50:04 +0000
Today was an especially sad day for the MWA. KT0R was a pillar in our club.
Dave was an exceptional operator as many of you know. He also generously opened
his home and shack to many M/S and M/2 operations. SSB SS was his favorite
contest and a high point for Dave and his fellow operators was when he won an
NAQP
several years ago in the M/2 category.
Dave was also present at just about every tower and antenna raising in the
Minneapolis area. Dave was an accomplished climber and most recently helped
K0AD with his tower and Yagi. It's hard to believe that he was on a tower in
June and gone today. But those were the things that defined KT0R. If help
was needed, Dave was there. He wa a true "Ham's Ham" that gave back a lot
more than he ever took.
I think many of you would be surprised if you knew what Dave's station was
like. He had two short towers, a suburban neighborhood lot, and a collection
of small monobanders and a couple of old tribanders. Wires for 80 and 160 and
no special receiving antennas at all. He made it all work better than it
should have and he got tremendous results from a relatively modest station.
Compared to KT0R most of us were underacheivers. 73 OM, you will be missed.
Steve K0SR