[CQ-Contest] PTT and WinKey2

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] PTT and WinKey2
From: Steve <steve65@suddenlink.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:27:12 -0400
My station is an IC756PROIII, RIGblaster pro and a desktop PC. For many
years, I have used COM1 for keying and PTT. And COM2 for CI-V. The
contest software I use is N1MMLogger.

I have recently acquired a WinKey2 and integrated it into my station via
a USB connection to the PC, which creates COM4 on my PC. No problems so
far with using N1MMLogger and WinKey2 for CW.

For voice operation, do I need to continue to use RTS on COM1 to assert
the radio's PTT? Or is there another, better way to do that?

Thanks.

Steve K8JQ