Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Skyhawk, KT36XA, opinions requested

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Skyhawk, KT36XA, opinions requested
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 02:37:48 -0000
From: "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Skyhawk, KT36XA,
opinions requested

>I respect K6LL a lot, but when he says Steve and Wade
>"apparently" had a
> misconfigured antenna, I wonder how he arrived at that
> conclusion.  Both
> Wade and Steve are honorable people, and if this
> information is correct I
> would have expected them long since to have acknowledged
> it and told people
> not to rely on their KT-34XA review.

The 1999 Dayton Convention, where the test results were
first presented, was a long time ago. I don't have copies of
the emails exchanged between Ward and myself, but I think he
and I pretty much agreed that their sample of the XA was
defective. Consider my Towertalk posting in June of 1999. It
did not draw any flak from Ward or Steve at the time. If
they have any contrary opinions, maybe they will speak up
now.

http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/1999-06/msg00214.html

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ