Re: [CQ-Contest] Unger Teleplus Extension Pole 30'

To: dave@ka1n.cn, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Unger Teleplus Extension Pole 30'
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:22:48 -0500
At 16:08 10-10-07, dave@ka1n.cn wrote:
>Good afternoon,
>
>Does anyone have experience with using the " Unger Teleplus
>Extension Pole 30' " as a support for dipoles or as a vertical itself?
>
>http://www.ungerglobal.com/phpworx/index.php?cmd=product-details&parent=78
>http://www.dan-marc.com/ungtf900.html
>http://www.glojamenterprize.com/product.php?productid=19315
>
> >From the stuff I read online it seems like it can be extended up
> another 10'.  Does anyone know if this is true?
>
>Thanks and 73,
>  Dave/KA1NCN
>Dave@KA1N.CN

Dave--

No experience with the thing but using it as a vertical may be problematic.

Most likely the telescopic locking mechanisms insulate one section from
another.  And if that is not enough the claim that it is made from
"Drawn anodized aluminum" means that the sections are insulated by
the anodizing process -- so some work would need to be done on each
section to make electrical contact with the next section.

But, since it is broken into insulated sections, you can always use
it to support
a vertical WIRE that is the actual antenna alongside the pole .

John  W0UN