Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1 in CQP?

To: "Bud Semon N7CW" <n7cw@cableone.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1 in CQP?
From: "Andrew Faber" <andrew.faber@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:37:10 -0700
Bud,
  Well,  I sseem to have worked both of the two VY1s that were on.  Next
year we should probably make sure there is more activity, as, for example,
VY1MB, who often shows up didn't this time. Similarly, VY1JA was much less
active than he often is in CQP.
  J, VY1JA, called me on 40 CW on Saturday evening.  He wasn't strong, and I
had trouble copying until I turned the beam north.  A new participant, Rob,
VY1WR, called on 20 phone on Sunday morning.  I chatted with him a bit.  He
say, BTW, that the old emergency trailer that housed the club station VY1DX
(from which  AA6VB and I operated using that callsign in the 1999(?) CQP has
been torn down). That's unfortunate for those needing VY1.
  73, Andy, AE6Y