Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] say it ain't so!

To: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] say it ain't so!
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:53:13 -0400
Well, not a shiny news, however...
I remember fall of year 1982. That was a middle of "solar Cycle 21,
which started in June 1976 and lasted 10 years and 3 months".
At that time, I was UC2AFZ in Minsk, Belarus, USSR. I had 5 watts
input transciever (EFIR-M).
Maybe 3 watts output.
I installed 2 elements home made Quad on the roof of 5 story building where
I lived at that time.
Guess what? I worked VK, ZL, W1-W0, Africa, South America... I worked them
every evening coming from work. It was Not an experiement; I just did not
have anything else on 10 meters - only 3 watts output. Funny stuff, hugh...
------------------------
OK, at this time, what they say:
 "the number of sunspots in the next solar cycle (cycle 24) would be reduced
by roughly half"
No problem, I will be using 10 watts output radio, in order to work all the
same DX's!
Let's be optimistic. The worst case scenario - we go to EchoLink, hi.

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D (ex UC2AFZ in solar Cycle 21)

2007/10/17, Eric Hilding <b38@hilding.com>:

> David, K1TTT, shared:
>

> >http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/16/1735258
> <http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/16/1735258&from=rss>
> &from=rss
>

> Hmmm.it may be a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Winter.in more ways than
> one ;-(
>

> I read somewhere that there have been several times in history when an
> anticipate "next cycle" never happened and it was dudsville for 11 years.
> Please, NOT THIS TIME, Mr. Sun !!!
>

> 73 & GLITCOMs.
>

> Rick, K6VVA

73's Andrei