Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording SO2R Contests

To: "'Kevin Stockton'" <n5dx2005@yahoo.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Recording SO2R Contests
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:00:04 -0000
If you are doing SO2R, I assume you have it set up so you can listen to 1
radio in both ears, or one radio in each ear.

For my setup, I want to be able to hear not only what is being heard, but
also what is being sent.  (Replaying a run without being able to hear what
you said is boring and often doesn't make a lot of sense.)

In this case, take the stereo audio to your headphones and use Y-connectors
to feed each channel into the line in stereo input of your sound card. Then
make sure your sound recording application is recording both channels.  Now,
when you play it back, you will hear exactly what you heard during the
contest.

You can listen to www.k5zd.com/live for examples of what my recordings sound
like.

Randy, K5ZD