Re: [CQ-Contest] Southern California Firestorms

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Southern California Firestorms
From: "Dennis Younker NE6I" <ne6i@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:53:32 -0700
One of the two main communications mountaintops here in San Diego is on fire
(Mt. San Miguel). Not sure if any TV transmitters have been lost but it is
possible. One of the two towers that are normally lit is out. The other is
hanging in there despite heavy flames near the top of the mountain.  The
cable operators have fiber feeds to the studios and therefore have not lost
any signals.

I am 5-10 miles to the north, wind is blowing to the west. We are packed and
ready to go but in no immediate danger. At the moment.

--Dennis, NE6I