[CQ-Contest] Another answer for someone with the callsign QRZ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Another answer for someone with the callsign QRZ
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:33:59 -0400
During the contest, on Sat. morning, while still on 20m, I saw a Cluster
spot for HV50VR on 15m.  I clicked to the freq, heard him make 2 QSOs
ending QRZ and no callsign before I decided to call.

I called, he answered.  I gave my report and asked him his callsign. The
op said, "why did you call if you don't know if I'm a dupe?"
My answer:
1.  You're my first QSO on 15m, so you can't be a dupe.
2.  I don't log QSOs unless I hear the callsign for myself.  I don't
trust the callouts.

HV50VR is 6 syllables and provides much useful information.  QRZ is 3
syllables and is worthless.
Why not end your QSOs with your call instead of QRZ?  It works well for
V47KP and many others.

73,
Barry W2UP (bring on CW!)