Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 59, Issue 13

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 59, Issue 13
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:54:05 -0600 (CST)
In vary rare instances it helps to send an abbreviated number.  I was
having a hard time getting "400" (four-zero-zero in Morse) across. There
was a lot of QSB or I was really weak for that other station.  I then
sent "four-oh-oh" (dididididah - dahdahdah - dahdahdah) and he got it.

Otherwise, I don't care for cut numbers in SS.  To me, they're OK in CQWW
and ARRL DX, etc.

73, Zack W9SZ