[CQ-Contest] NIL: another POV

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NIL: another POV
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:09:02 +0000 (GMT)
Throughout my contest career, I have always been a proponent of "work 'em
again."

During this past SS, I have added a new perspective and may be changing my
appreciation of "QSO B4."

Two guys gave me a QSO B4.  In both cases, I had logged the wrong first letter
(K instead of W or vice versa).  This was clearly a typo as there is no way I
miscopied K for W.  Sometimes my fingers go left when I think right (sadly).

So these guys wasted THEIR time telling me QSO B4 but saved ME from having a
busted call.  If they simply worked me again, I would have lost points compared
to otherwise.  And I genuinely appreciate that!

One guy even gave me my QSO number and time and QRX'ed while I checked my
log; and he was right.  So I made the correction during the contest and while
HE
patiently stood by.  It was rather nice!  A "decent" thing to do.

So here is another data point for consideration....altruism.

Maybe I'll start sending QB4 along with time and/or Q#.... a way of giving back?

de Doug KR2Q