Re: [CQ-Contest] Shall we argue how many Angels can dance on,the head of

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Shall we argue how many Angels can dance on,the head of a pin?
From: Mike Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:52:13 -0500
Bill Turner wrote:
> [...]
Somewhat, Bill.

I look at the situation depending on what happens to the scores:

In PAQSO, QRP operations automatically double the score. But those QRP
stations are only kind of competing against the other stations. We have
a separate winner of QRP, medium power and High power. I suppose that a
QRP station might win a particular county over a higher power station at
times, but it evens out mostly.

We have a philosophy of encouraging worthy modes of operation, which is
why we give CW contacts 1.5 and 2 points per contact (next year all CW
QSO's will be worth 2 points) But we're encouraging CW, not giving a
"head start" to CW Ops so to speak.

As for the other classes, they are a convenient way to group like minded
operators and allow them to compete against each other. I am comfortable
saying this because the party results by class don't always reflect what
might be expected re which class is expected to have the highest score.

    - 73 de Mike N3LI -