Re: [CQ-Contest] N6ZZ MEMORIAL TEAM

To: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>,"'CQ-Contest@contesting. com'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6ZZ MEMORIAL TEAM
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:21:10 -0800
Fine on the memorial team for Phil.  I know we would appreciate your
tribute, Randy.

Lost causes?  Last time I looked, you are THE station in the Northeast that
everyone fears with which to compete.  I'm sure that must be more satisfying
to you than anything else in contesting.

As to these Team competitions, they are more or less meaningless, as witness
how my 5 CW teams (including the Top Two) of a couple years ago were
'forgotten', and ended-up being posted as a Contest errata a couple of CQ
magazines after the results were published.  Having lowered my expectations
accordingly, I will be ecstatic if my team makes the Top 20.

The only reason I've come back this time is to honor our dear friend Phil
Goetz N6ZZ.  Phil was usually a member of a Neiger's Tigers team, and as
many know,  is only the second operator to work CQ WW from all 40 zones.

Good luck next weekend.  I leave tonight for the West Indies, and will be
trying to find my lost code skills and the energies that go along with being
old.  I think this is my 52nd year of CQWW.

See you in the pileups from 9Y4AA

73

Jim Neiger    N6TJ