Re: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns: Operator vs. Station

To: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns: Operator vs. Station
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:23:39 -0000

> Do I as an individual "operator" have an Amateur Extra Class License, or
> does my "Station" only have an Extra Class License???

You actually have two license grants, printed on the same document.

You have an operators license, Amateur Extra Class.

You have a station license, with the callsign K6VVA.

Your club does not have an operators license, only a station license.

Not all that long ago, you could have more than one callsign, each assigned
to a different station.

At one time I held one operator license and three station licenses: (KG6AQI
- Primary station, WA0PQF - Additional station, and WB9DLL - Additional
station).

73, Hans