Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:38:00 -0500
On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:56 PM, Jim Neiger wrote:

> As I predicted sometime ago, here, soon we will have the Battle of the
> Cheaters in the CQ WW CW Contest.  Soon has arrived.  They're
> waiting each
> other out, and doubt they'll post on 3830.  One of them was
> disqualified
> last year (I almost had a coronary when someone actually would be
> DQed).
>  Should we have a penalty, that a person DQed can't participate for
> at least
> 5 years?

My rule is if you are caught cheating, that's it. We're supposed to
be honest, self policing Gentlemen and Ladies, and once trust of that
sort is broken, it is never regained.

Unfortunately, many who call shenanigans on cheaters will call it it,
but not provide the evidence needed for a sponsor to correct the

-73 de Mike N3LI -

CQ-Contest mailing list