Re: [CQ-Contest] The Cheating Thing

To: Steve Sacco <nn4x@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Cheating Thing
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:22:46 -0600
Steve, a more feasible possibility is for someone to develop an "Internet
Radio Contest" game, with subscriptions; that is people pay to compete
interactively. The competition would not require an amateur radio
license-it's a virtual game/contest. This could potentially make the
developer(s) wealthy and of course peel off even further the real (on line)
contesters. One does not have to project too much into the future to
imagine your suggestion taking place. That way the conditions could be a
variable, and power settings and packet usage would not be in dispute, thus
cheating and rule bending would be eliminated as they are controlled by the
sign-in settings.

Jim George N3BB