[CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:39:53 -0800 (PST)
and demand the
arrl remove dxcc credit for anyone who has me as their only W!  I'll bet
that creates a big uproar.

  Ahhh haaa, my kind of devious mind...

  Well, the times they are a changing <quote> and something like LotW will
become the standard within 5 years, or so...  The power of computers and
instant world wide access through the internet has changed the ground rules,
whether the ARRL recognizes this, or not...

  Once you have a 'LotW' like system in place, it is minor programming to have
the software match that both stations submitted the QSO within some specified
time period (say 10 minutes - with 'LotW' not showing the Q's until the
submission time elapses) and give them credit for the country and count the
countries, and grind out a DXCC award if indicated - within milliseconds...  At
that point the ARRL DXCC becomes irrelevant...

  cheers,

denny / k8do