Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:46:51 -0800
On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 12:51:56AM -0500, Hershel Kreis wrote:
> Very well said, my friend.  It is all about integrity.  Some have it,
> but unfortunately many don't.  We can only hope and pray that sponsors
> and our fellow contesters will see that this is a problem and a
> stumbling block to possibly having greater participation.

Maybe I am just an optimist or naive but I do not see this as "most
cheat" - I think it is more of a case of there are some people

Since most of us are not getting paid to do these radio contests the
only motivation to do well in the contest, outside of personal
satisfaction, is to gain some the praise, approval and respect of your

Getting caught cheating will surely not help you gain respect from
your peers.

Think about it - and play by the rules and have fun.

George Fremin III - K5TR

CQ-Contest mailing list