Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: Peter Voelpel <df3kv@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:13:56 -0800
On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 03:06:54PM +0100, Peter Voelpel wrote:
> That does not sound logical to me, who searches a dx expedition log for the
> possibility they made a mistake and put his call in the log?

A more likely scenario (to use my own call sign) would be if I did a log
lookup for a DXpedition for WM5R, found the two or three QSOs I made, but
also one on a band mode I didn't work the DXpedition on.  It could have
been that WM5G worked them on that band mode and it was busted by the DX
ops.  I didn't explicitly set out to find a "near miss" with my call sign,
but there it is.

I'd prefer to have open, public contest logs than worry about DXers, myself.

Kenneth E. Harker WM5R

CQ-Contest mailing list