Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and contest submissions

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and contest submissions
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:23:17 +0100
Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:

>I'm sure that Logbook of the World could use some tweaking and TLC.  If I knew
>the software well enough, I'd offer my
>services, but I'm not up on the latest in HTML.

Any software-tweaking couldn´t solve the basic problem for a real boost
in acceptance: the limited spectrum of awards covered. If it is to
deliver "matches" a narrow focus on two awards won´t help for a
worldwide acceptance (neither helps the requirement to send copies of
personal documents via snail mail...). As long as i.e. county-hunters,
RDA-chasers etc. need a paper-QSL there is no incentive for them to use
LotW. IMHO.
Best 73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)