Re: [CQ-Contest] Corellating logs and spots

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Corellating logs and spots
From: "Don Field" <don.field@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:09:40 +0000
I've been following this thread and don't understand the problems. We have
been doing this with the IOTA Contest for the past few years.

If you correlate the spots with logs within, say, 5 minutes of a spot
appearing (our software allows us to vary the threshold) you get not a
normal distribution but two very clear and distinct peaks. And, guess what,
most of the entrants appearing in one of those peaks have claimed
"Assisted". But a few haven't! So they get an email suggesting that maybe
they clicked the wrong button when sending their log ..... And we take it
from there. Seems to work fine!

Don G3XTT
IOTA Contest Manager